Russia withdraws from talks with the Netherlands and Australia about the downing of flight MH17.

The Russian Foreign Ministry said on Thursday that it was withdrawing from talks with the Netherlands and Australia over the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17, reported Reuters, accusing both countries of not wanting to establish what really happened, Reuters reported.

See also: France urges revision of Airbus A380 engine parts after explosion on Air France aircraft.

The MH17 was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur when it was shot down by a missile fired from pro-Russian rebel territory during fighting in eastern Ukraine where 298 people on board were killed.

See also: United Airlines Flight Returns to O’Hare Airport Due to severe storms.

After years of collecting evidence, a Dutch-led international joint investigation team (JIT) said last year that the missile launcher used to hit the civilian plane came from a Russian army base just across the border.

The Russian Foreign Ministry said its decision to withdraw from talks with the Netherlands and Australia came in response to a Dutch government complaint against Moscow at the European Court of Human Rights in July this year.

“Such hostile actions by the Netherlands make it meaningless to continue our participation in the tripartite talks,” the ministry said in a statement, calling the Dutch-led investigations into the shoot-down “biased, superficial and politicized.

Related Topics